Sunday, August 23, 2009

I know

Sometimes I find myself dwelling on the negative aspects of life. I find this especially pressing when I feel an a recent endeavor has failed, and I can't seem to take my mind off of it. It is during these times that I have to challenge myself to remain positive. I find that God then reminds me of all the wonderful things I have accomplished, to encourage me to strive forward. For worry, anciety, fear and depression are not of God. Today I challenge the same from you - make a list and reference it whenever you feel down. I am going to open up about a few things that God has enabled my success on. All of these different experiences have made me stronger and help me remain positive when I feel something has failed.

These are either things that I have accomplished, am doing, or I feel I have made great strides in thse areas of my life:

Stopped biting my nails
Lost 35 pounds
Overcame Dyslexsia high school valedictorian and graduate Cumm Laude
Learned to play piano at 18
Learned to LOVE my freckles
Published my Blog
Slowing following God's direction in my life
Stopped cracking my knuckles
Am more positive
Starting to develop a positive self image
Implemented a healthy eating and exercising regime
Attending Al Anon
Learned to accept others for who they are
Waiting on God
Learned to read music at 18
Started writing again
Spokesperson for the American Heart Association
Learning to Trust

I can be proud of all of these little things - this helps me to press forward in times of doubt. I know you have things you have accomplished to that you don't even think about. If you can't come up with a list, have a friend create one for you. You are more valued than you know!

God has a plan for your life - I know you can push through this TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment