Tuesday, August 18, 2009

ABIDING SUCCESS

Today at lunch I decided to read my bible to get a little insight. Interestingly enough, this is the passage I was reading:

"Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." - PROVERBS 2:Check Spelling5-6

When reading the translated notes I noticed when a person seeks "sound wisdom" (can be translated "abiding success" or "victory") he/she will find it in the fear of the Lord or the knowledge of God. Take all those definitions and string them together to grasp this statement -
Abiding success is found through the knowledge of God. I believe this is a comforting statement.

So, just as I was finding comfort in words that I didn't quite understand at the time (it all culminated just now) I received a phone call. Ironically, there was a church who needed office coffee (the service I sell). An opportunity appeared - and it wasn't even asked for. Just as I am seeking the "sound wisdom" (abiding success) of God by reading my bible, I receive a phone call for a sale. I wish everything was that obvious to me - seek God and he will show you just how he will work for your abiding success.

No comments:

Post a Comment