Saturday, October 24, 2009

AMAZING DAY

I just had an amazing day - I can't tell you why exactly. Wait, yes I can. It is so interesting. I find that at times I am so oblivious to what goes on around me that I forget to do the little things that mean so much. It isn't because I don't want to (well sometimes it is), or because I can't, but mostly because I am busy with other aspects of life which cause me to miss these little things.

Today I had a day filled with family. It started with going to my grandma's for just regular visiting and watching my mom creatively paint a nest on a sideboard for my grandmother. Then a surprise visit from the neighbor down the street who turned into being just a blessing herself! As we sat laughing, joking and rolling on the floor about virtually anything that came up I suddenly found myself volunteering for a BUNKO game. So crazy, but I did. In the interim, mom and I ran over to my nephews' baseball game.

Now when I say RAN, please take me literally. Note nephews' is plural, I have two nephews and they played their games at precisely the same time, luckily in the same general vicinity. An hour and fifteen minutes of rooting for my favorite two tots (well one of them is hardly a tot any more), on TWO FIELDS. You can bet that I didn't want either of them to feel like I missed anything, so I went back and forth to make sure they knew I was watching and supporting them. Okay perhaps it was a little overkill, but I don't know how to do anything halfway. Oh and bleacher fans, you can stop looking at me now, don't be jealous that I am related to two all-stars. I am fine running back and forth, I live out of breath.


Then it was back to my grandmother's for the trek out to BUNKO. A precious ride with three characters that could have given the golden girls a run for there money. Then you had my mother and I attempting to decipher the conversation in between random bursts of laughter. So, BUNKO arrived. I can't say I did much damage but I was able to throw down the most BUNKOS which landed me a PUMPKIN CANDLE. Back off it is mine! :)

What made this day so great? I have to say that everyone I spent time with was so excited to have me around them, but what they didn't realize was that they were the blessings to me! It was selfish for me to steal there time like that - I received so much joy from today I can't even express it! Thank you mom for convincing me to head to Stafford for a day of FAMILY bonding that turned into a marathon of BLESSINGS!! I appreciate YOU - MY FAMILY, and everyone around me for being such major blessings in my life! I honestly do not know what I WOULD DO WITH OUT YOU!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I guess I wasn't much of a blessing that day since I got yelled at in frnt of everybody. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete